A truly remote and authentic natural region in the Swiss Alps far away from mass tourism. The Rhaeto-Romanic name Surselva means “above the forest“, referring here to the still intact Great Forest (Romanic Uaul Grond) in the area of the Rhine Gorge between Ilanz and Reichenau in the Swiss canton of Grisons.
With the Greina, the Survela region has an untouched mountain plateau at 2,200 m above sea level, which is one of the few still contiguous unspoilt areas in Switzerland.
- Rhine Gorge
- Val Frisal
- Greina Plateau – with suspension bridge Punt la Greina
- Beverin Nature Park
- Ilanz Old Town
- The “Oxygen Factory” from Ilanz, a technical and mechanical gem from the 1960s
- Alpine Museum in Lumbrein
- Jörgenberg – the largest and oldest castle complex in the Surselva
- 7 restaurants with awards from Gault-Millau, Guide Michelin or the “Guild of Established Swiss Restaurateurs”
- Shopping in the “Lädeli” and getting to know the producers personally
- Folded herb bread
- Bergrösti with Lumbreiner cheese
- Hirsch-Hackplätzli (deer chopping steaks)
Does this alpine region appeal to you in particular?
Then I look forward to getting to know you in a phone or video call:
free-of-charge | no obligations