While the Hohe (“High”) Tauern attract mass tourism, we head for the Niedere (“Lower”) Tauern in central-east part of Austria, which include the Radstädter Tauern, the Schladminger Tauern, the Rottenmanner and Seckauer Tauern.
Never heard of it? Then it’s time to get to know the diverse region, from which the Dachstein Mountains can also be easily reached.
- Sölktäler Nature Park
- an Eldorado of mountain lakes and gorges – whether Styrian Lake Constance or gorge-ruin circular trail – one mountain summer is far from enough
- Mandlberggut distillery & mountain pine distillery
- Haus im Ennstal winter sports museum
- Tunnel hike in the Obertal
- Schladming beer tasting
- Alpine cuisine with 4-toque chef Richard Rauch – one dish in each of 30 huts in summer and winter in cooperation with the respective hut keeper – from smoked mountain trout tartar to Ramsauer dumpling plum to Swiss pine parfait
- Nock’n with Ennstaler Styrian cheese
- Oxen meat jelly
Does this alpine region appeal to you in particular?
Then I look forward to getting to know you in a phone or video call:
free-of-charge | no obligations